What are we doing to ensure the Health and Safety of our students
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To ensure we protect all our students, our cars and equipment will receive a deep clean before we return to training.
- Before/after each lesson/test the car will be cleaned, including:
- Door handles (inside and out) – grab handles – window controls – door mirror controls
- Seats and seat adjustment controls – seatbelt – buckle and clasp
- Steering wheel – steering wheel adjuster – indicator and wiper stalks – horn
- Gear lever – hand/parking brake and the interior mirror
- Bonnet catch (internal and external)
- Other controls such as Sat Nav – ventilation – window demister
- Car keys
- Students will be asked a number of questions before they enter the vehicle and this may include their temperature being taken by a non-contact body thermometer
- If for any reason the student is showing any signs of the Coronavirus the lesson will be terminated either at the start or during the lesson.
Pupils responsibility before each lesson
You will be required to stand two metres away and confirm the following questions about your health:
- Symptoms of Covid-19 – have you had it, been tested for it, and had results of the test?
- Shielding – are you in a household of family members that are in the enhanced risk health categories?
- Any health issues which may impact your ability to drive?
- Do you have a continuous cough?
- Do you have a fever or high temperature?
- You will be required to wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20-seconds before leaving the house and entering the car and you should wash your hands after your lesson
- You can wear gloves, (but these should be put on just before you enter the vehicle and the instructor must see you put them on). However general advice is that good hand hygiene is better than gloves, which provide a false sense of security
- You will be asked to wear a mask. You should supply your own mask.
- You will need to sanitise your hands if not wearing gloves again when entering the vehicle (you can use your own or we will supply)
- All items, such as mobile phones and house keys will have to stay on you and not left on the dashboard or put into door pockets.